Council members are elected for four year terms. The next
municipal election will take place in 2020 for the position of Reeve, Division 1, Division 3, and Division 5 councilors.
A person may be nominated as a candidate in a municipal election if he or she is:
- at least 18 years of age on date of election;
- a Canadian citizen;
- eligible to vote in the municipality;
- a resident of Saskatchewan; and
- not disqualified from being nominated by this or any other Act.
A person cannot be nominated or elected as:
- a councillor for more than one division; or
- a councillor of a division and the reeve of the municipality.
can be obtained from the municipal office. Nominations for Reeve must
include a completed nomination form signed by at least 2 voters of the
Nominations for councilor must include a completed
nomination form signed by at least 2 voters of the division.
nomination papers must include a completed Public Disclosure Statement; and a Criminal Record Check.