Council members are elected for four year terms. The next municipal election will take place in 2018 for the position of Division 2, Division 4, and Division 6 councilors.
A person may be nominated as a candidate in a municipal election if he or she is:
- at least 18 years of age on date of election;
- a Canadian citizen;
- eligible to vote in the municipality;
- a resident of Saskatchewan; and
- not disqualified from being nominated by this or any other Act.
- a councillor for more than one division; or
- a councillor of a division and the reeve of the municipality.
Nomination Papers can be obtained from the municipal office. Nominations for Reeve must include a completed nomination form signed by at least 2 voters of the rural municipality. Nominations for councilor must include a completed nomination form signed by at least 2 voters of the division. All nomination papers must include a completed "Candidate’s Acceptance; and a criminal record check.