Council Entered into an agreement with Reeve Dow ("Dow") to purchase gravel located on his land.  Please explain the process that was followed to ensure that there was no conflict of interest and the ratepayers were protected.
Click here for a detailed explanation.  For the additional resources click here.

What are the Landfill hours?
The landfill hours vary depending on the time of year.  Landfill hours and contact information can be found by viewing the Landfill webpage by clicking here.

Can you tell me who owns a specific piece of land within the RM?
No, because of the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act we can't tell you that.  You can come in to the RM office and look it up or purchase an RM map and find it yourself.

Do I still need a burning permit in the winter?
Yes.  A burning permit is required year round.  Please contact the municipal office for permits 1-306-387-6244.

Does the municipality offer snowplow services for private lanes?
No.  the municipality does not snowplow on any private property.

Who looks after Township Road 472 from Highway 17 to Lone Rock?
Saskatchewan Government Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure, Glen Pattison Supervisor of Operations 1-306-825-6486.

When can I expect my tax notice?
The tax notices are typically mailed in Spring of each year for the calendar year.  Watch home page for notification of mailing.

When are taxes due?
Taxes are due on December 31 of each year.  As of January 1 the current tax amount becomes arrears and a penalty of 1% is added to the tax account on the first of each month.

Is there a discount for paying taxes early?
Yes.  There are several discount periods offered with varying % discounts. Please Refer to your current Tax Notice for current years discount periods and applicable discounts.   

How many residences are allowed on my property?
The current RM of Wilton bylaws allows for one residence per parcel.  Please contact Development Services for further information at 1-306-387-6244.

How do I get a School Bus Stop sign at my property?
School bus sign requests are to go to the school division who will send them to the municipality after they have approved it.  Attached is a link to the School Bus Stop Ahead Manual and installation request form.

How many People live in Lone Rock and Wilton?
For current census information on Lone Rock click here
For current census information on Wilton click here.

Can I run a business from my home or Farm?
Home based business and Farm based business have different rules and regulations.  Both must be approved by council prior to commencing the business.
For more information please contact Development Services at 1-306-387-6244 for more information.

Can I build an Approach for my Driveway?
All access to municipal roads must be approved by the Municipality prior to construction.  Please contact Development Serivces at 1-306-387-6244 for more information.